Friday, August 26, 15:00 to 18:00, Alpbach
With extensive global digitalization in all areas of society, our data sovereignty becomes a fundamental necessity to ensure economic growth and social justice in Europe in a sustainable way. This workshop will discuss the social and economic aspects of data-driven value creation and the EU key initiative Gaia-X.
- How can Europe compete in this global environment?
- What impact will the data-driven economy have on European businesses?
- And how can Europe shape the future of the digital economy according to its values and goals?
- What are the goals of Gaia-X?
- How can Gaia-X help Austrian companies and Austria as a digital location?
Under the general theme The New Europe, this year’s European Forum Alpbach (EFA) will take place from 21 August to 2 September 2022 to tackle these topics and take Europe to the next level.
The European Forum Alpbach is a platform that drives ideas for an empowered and democratic Europe. It brings together the next generation of leaders in Europe with the most innovative minds, decision-makers and experts from politics, business, sciences, culture and civil society to work together from all over the world to engage and contribute to its mission.